Friday, December 31, 2004

(The Sounds of) Kaleidoscope - Can and Do What They Will EP (Foxyboy, 2004)

(The Sounds of) Kaleidoscope
Can and Do What They Will EP
Foxyboy

2004

Rating: 7.5 closed mentalities out of 10
 
Dear god the
(The Sounds of) Kaleidoscope is one of the best Kinks cover bands I’ve ever heard, maybe the second best after the Lilys. Yeah, I’m oversimplifying things, but you catch my drift…that is to say, this is really brilliant psychedelic swirly rock with a catchy pop bent and a singer who sounds like he’s being channeled straight from late 1960’s England.   Only to the original recipe they add some genuinely great noisy freak out bits, I guess you could throw a comparison to My Bloody Valentine in here and it would make sense, you know these kids have listened to a lot of them. The whole EP is highly recommended if you dig this sort of action. 

No comments:

Post a Comment