Friday, December 31, 2004

Andrew Sandoval - What’s It All About? (Avebury, 2004)

Andrew Sandoval
What’s It All About?
Avebury

2004

Rating: 5 It's Its out of 10 
 
I did a little digging on the internet to get some background info on this guy – apparently, he has been one of the major forces behind all of the great reissues that Rhino has put out over the last few years – so, for that: thanks Andrew. But as for his music, it just doesn’t strike me as being that good. It’s not bad either, just a little too...drab, or something, I can’t quite place my finger on it.  All the pieces are there for good music, but it just doesn’t add up for me. Apparently I’m in the minority though, as most reviews I’ve seen of the guy have been pretty damn positive. That said, if you like that chamber pop sound, you might like this, but I ain’t promising anything. 

No comments:

Post a Comment