Friday, December 31, 2004

Lansing-Dreiden - The Incomplete Triangle (Kemado, 2004)


Lansing-Dreiden
The Incomplete Triangle
Kemado

2004

Rating:
6.5 rhombuses out of 10

A friend, who was hip to this record long before I was, laughed at me when I said
Lansing-Dreiden reminded me of Information Society. Especially the tenth song, I.C.U. (one could also argue a case for Depeche Mode as a major influence as well, and my only response is that my childhood was obviously fucked up as I really was into Information Society for a while). And I’m not even going to get into the fact that, strangely enough, the second song “The Eternal Lie” sounds like a Kiss cover. Essentially, this sounds like an 80’s throwback album, as is popular today; but without a hint of irony, it genuinely feels like it was buried in a time capsule and only recently dug up. And most importantly, it’s really fucking good.

No comments:

Post a Comment