Friday, December 31, 2004

Point Line Plane - Smoke Signals (Skin Graft, 2004)

Point Line Plane
Smoke Signals
Skin Graft

2004

Rating: 5.5 adult bugs out of 10
 
Not to be all “when I was a kid things were better blah blah blah”, but I really liked the older Point Line Plane material a lot better. Now I dunno if it was adding a third member or just “growth” as an artist, but something is missing from this newest release. Don’t get me wrong, it’s still decent, just not balls-out awesome like the older material (especially that split release with The Planet The that I bought off of them a couple years back at a show). In a lot of ways, this just sounds like a new Liars record, and I like the Liars, but it just wasn’t what I was hoping for I guess. Too much production is one of the biggest problems, these cats were one of the few bands that actually sound better the dirtier it is. Great album art though.

No comments:

Post a Comment