Friday, December 31, 2004

The Marlboro Chorus - Entangled (Future Apple Tree, 2004)


The Marlboro Chorus
Entangled
Future Apple Tree
2004

Rating:
6.5 packs of Kools out of 10

With a name like The Marlboro Chorus, I think I was expecting some pretty ordinary alt-country or something along those lines. Instead, I get pop music – not over-the-top rehashed 60’s fare, not goofy Unicorns-style stuff, just straight-forward pop music. This EP, with 6 songs and only 15 minutes in length, cuts right to the point and doesn’t mess around with a bunch of unnecessary crap. These are simple, straightforward, 3-minute pop songs, reminding me of Beulah, Elf Power, Sea & Cake, and the like. A pleasantly surprising little gem in this sea of mediocrity I’ve been hearing lately.

No comments:

Post a Comment