Friday, December 31, 2004

Brightblack - Ala.Cali.Tucky (Galaxia, 2004)


Brightblack
Ala.Cali.Tucky
Galaxia
2004

Rating: 7 southern states out of 10

If I close my eyes while I listen to this record by Brightblack, I’d swear I think I’m back home in the mountains of North Carolina, sitting on the porch on a warm evening watching the fireflies flash their butts around and listening to the symphonic chirping of the frogs and the crickets. Imagine if you will someone got the bright idea to mix Mazzy Star with Palace, and the result would be something akin to this. In fact, those Palace boys Paul and Will had a hand in helping with this recording, adding back up vocals, bass, whatever. A truly beautiful recording, but I’m pissed that it really makes me want to quit my cubicle job and big city life and go back to the country where I belong.

No comments:

Post a Comment