Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Various ‎Artists - If It Ain't The Snow It's The Mosquitos 2x7'' (Sympathy for the Record Industry, 1992)

Various ‎Artists
If It Ain't The Snow It's The Mosquitos 2x7''
Sympathy for the Record Industry
1992

Rating: 6 broken tabs out of 10

A two slab compilation of Finnish rock-n-roll music.  I'm certain I only bought this because of the record label, and I then just tucked it in my seven inch box without listening to it.  So this is my impression after one listen to both records:

Side A
CMX - What if fIREHOSE was a hardcore band, with gruff vocals?

Side B
Limanarina - Run-of-the-mill distorted garage punk on one song, but then this weird distorted simplistic kraut rock the next.  We'll just say they play "distorted."
Paska - World's strangest accapella cover of "Ace of Spades"; apparently this dude achieved some level of notoriety for these sort of covers.  Pretty entertaining.  

Side C
Radiopuhelimet - The best song in the comp, the band plays an aggro Karp-like type of punk.
Generators - It's only fitting you'd follow the best song with the worst song - sounds like a bad Primus rip-off.

Side D
Faff-Bey - If you told me this was Ministry recording under a fake name I would believe you.
Death Trip - Kinda like the Cramps, kinda boring. 

No comments:

Post a Comment