Monday, March 17, 2014

Sunday's Best - My Very Ethos (A Simple Star, 1998)

Sunday's Best
My Very Ethos 7''
A Simple Star
1998

Rating: 6.5 old homesteads out of 10

This is the early, more emo version of Sunday's Best, before they basically turned into a pop band (their full-length "The Californian" from 2002 was particularly good and sadly seemingly forgotten).  While I was way into the whole emo musical style of the mid-nineties, I didn't get into this group until their poppier later years so it's fun/interesting to go back and listen to them when they were clearly influenced by Sunny Day Real Estate and Mineral and that lot.  Not sure how much I will ever go back and listen to this wax, but as I probably grabbed it out of the bargain bin at Amoeba or somewhere similar it was definitely worth a check out. 

No comments:

Post a Comment