Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Fuzz - Live in San Francisco EP (Castle Face, 2013)

Fuzz
Live in San Francisco EP

Castle Face
2013

Rating: 7.5 lip smackers out of 10

If it wasn't for the between song cheering, I don't think I would have had any idea this was a live Fuzz record.  The EP is four songs total, with only a single track from their full-length ("One"), both sides of the "This Time I Got a Reason" seven inch, and the b-side of the "Sleigh Ride" seven inch, "You Won't See Me."  I guess the tracks are a little different, a little more rocked out, but the recording is so clean and crisp that it sounds more like a compilation than a live album.  I have no idea if that is a compliment or a complaint, I really don't.  What I do know is I'm enjoying listening to this regardless.

No comments:

Post a Comment