Friday, March 28, 2014

Juno - Magnified and Reduced by Inches 7'' (Jade Tree, 1997)

Juno
Magnified and Reduced by Inches 7''
Jade Tree
1997

Rating: 6.5 cowboy behinds out of 10

Can we talk about how bad the cover art is on this Juno record?  It should be a short discussion - it's really bad.  I think I only know about this band and picked up this seven inch because Juno shared a split with Dismemberment Plan, who I was gaga over for a short while.  It's pretty easy to lump them in with the other emo-post hardocre-post rock bands from this era, god knows there were a lot of them, but I will give Juno a little credit and say they were pretty strongly influenced by Slint as well, which certainly helps with their current listen-ability. 

Based on the era most of the records from this box are from, expect a lot more shitty reviews about emo music from the nineties in the future.  I apologize in advance. 

No comments:

Post a Comment