Monday, January 6, 2014

Tokyo Electron - Will Put a Charge in You 7'' (Shattered, 2005)

Tokyo Electron
Will Put a Charge in You 7''
Shattered
2005

Rating: 6.5 high school drug dealers out of 10

Tokyo Electron were a punk band with a slight garage tinge I must have seen at the Stork Club in Oakland or maybe the Hemlock at some point in my years in California, otherwise I don't know how I ended up with this.  Not sure if they are around anymore or just barely hanging on, but they haven't released anything in a while.  They seemed to have some sort of connection to Jay Reatard, and it's entirely possible I saw them playing with him.  Anyways, good recording, good record, worth a listen.  Three songs total, none outstanding but no stinkers. The version I have is clear red vinyl, but they apparently released a bunch of different pressings in different colors of this. 

No comments:

Post a Comment