Thursday, January 23, 2014

Silkworm - Never Met A Man I Didn't Like 7'' (Matador, 1996)

Silkworm
Never Met A Man I Didn't Like 7''
Matador
1996

Rating: 7.5 pans of gold out of 10

Silkworm seems to have had a bit a renaissance/resurgence lately.  Someone made a documentary about them and I've heard a bunch of folks talking about the band, probably more than I ever heard talking about them when they were active.  Anyways, here's what is going on - the title track is also on their record "Developer," a fine track that is pretty indicative of this band's version of rock music.  The highlight for me is the other side, a cover of "You Ain't Going Nowhere" which I always think of as a Byrds song even though Bob Dylan wrote it.  The Byrds recorded it first though, so they get at least some clain to it.  They also recorded it better than Dylan.  It's true. 

No comments:

Post a Comment