Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Dancer - My Car Drives Fast 7'' (Guitars and Bongos, 2013)

Dancer
My Car Drives Fast 7''
Guitars and Bongos
2013

Rating: 7 broken fractures out of 10

I get a fair amount of promo emails from labels and promoters, but I actually felt this one worth (poorly) writing about.  Something in the water in the Bay Area seems to have a lot of bands going down the glammy power pop route, and while I'm digging the movement I want to know where in the hell were these groups when I was still living there?  Dancer have some local pedigree (members of Apache, Gravys Drop, and others), but nothing they have done on the past measures up to the catchy goodness that are the three songs on this seven inch.  Definitely hoping for and looking forward to a full-length by these cats. 

No comments:

Post a Comment