Friday, January 24, 2014

Girls Against Boys - Super-Fire 7'' (Touch and Go, 1996)

Girls Against Boys
Super-Fire 7''
Touch and Go
1996

Rating: 8 burned couches out of 10

Girls Against Boys were always one of those bands I felt like I should be more excited about than I was in actuality. And after I listened to this recently purchased bargain bin find, I feel like I need to go back and re-think the band's entire catalog, because this seven inch is great.  they have osrt of a sultry rock-n-roll sound ala Afghan Whigs, but without Greg Dulli's charisma.  I don't mean that as an insult, there just aren't many Greg Dullis in the world.  Both tracks are burners - title track "Super-Fire" can also be found as the album opener on "House of GVSB," but b-side "If Glamour Is Dead" appears to be exclusive to this release.   It may be time for a GVSB resurgence. 

No comments:

Post a Comment