Thursday, January 2, 2014

Dow Jones And The Industrials - Let's Go Steady 7'' (Hardly Music, 1980)

Dow Jones and the Industrials
Let's Go Steady 7''
Hardly Music
1980

Rating: 10 fashion clubs out of 10

The version I own of this Dow Jones and the Industrials seven inch is the 2011 re-issue co-released with Family Vinyard, because I sure as fuck can't afford the original and am stoked I got a copy from this very limited run when I did.  The other songs on this are fine, sort of have a new wave Devo vibe, but I own this and everyone else owns this for one reason - "Can't Stand the Midwest."  For my money, the greatest punk rock song of all time.  At a minimum, at least the greatest American one.  So simple, so perfect.  You're welcome to disagree with me, but you'd be wrong.  And that's ok. 

No comments:

Post a Comment