Thursday, January 2, 2014

Pink Reason - By A Thread 7'' (Trick Knee Productions, 2007)

Pink Reason
By A Thread 7''
Trick Knee Productions

2007

Rating: 5 wonder devils out of 10

I think I might have bought this at a Pink Reason show at the Stork Club in Oakland, but that is a complete guess on my part.  I'm not sure why I would have bought it as I rarely bought new seven inches back then unless I was gaga for the band, and I'm nonplussed at best for these guys.  Maybe I just felt like buying something.  

I will give them points for being somewhat ahead of the curve on the psyche folk vibe (see also Kurt Vile and that crowd).  I'm not overly into that style or this particular record, but Pink Reason does seem to be an early adopter.

Giant thumbs down for not putting the playing speed anywhere on the record or sleeve. 

No comments:

Post a Comment