Thursday, January 23, 2014

Fuzz - Fuzz (In The Red, 2013)

Fuzz
Fuzz
In The Red
2013

Rating: 8 credible witnesses out of 10

Given that this was on of my favorite records of the year in 2013, I was surprised I hadn't written one of my trademark shitty reviews of this self-titled Fuzz record yet. Has there ever been a more fitting name for a band?  The music is heavy and very, well, fuzzy.  In case you don't know this is yet another project from Ty Segall, and where the dude finds the time, energy or imagination to create so much music is completely beyond me.  Especially when it's good quality - hell, I could write a thousand terrible songs, but the dude seems to have struck musician's gold or was granted wishes from a genie or something.  In this band Segall plays drums and sings, and is joined by Charlie Mootheart and Roland Cosio to create this heavy rock bastard child that sounds like a mashup of James Gang and Black Sabbath.  It's a combination that really, really works.  And while not related to the album review, live they're just as good and highly recommended. 

No comments:

Post a Comment