Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Trouser Mafia - Indie Don't Get Laid 7'' (Hella Rad, 2002)

Trouser Mafia
Indie Don't Get Laid 7''
Hella Rad
2002

Rating: one hundred million friend points

I'm so deep in involvement with all the parties who had a hand in putting this out I couldn't possible review this nonsense in an unbiased way.  It is a ridiculous record from start to finish.  Side A is "Indie Don't Get Laid" by Ajax Green (then of Granfaloon Bus, now of the Wrong Words), a song he wrote for a Matador Records contest to get free Belle & Sebastian tickets, a band he doesn't even like.  He won.  Side B I have less back story about, other than it is Jason Smith (of the Mothballs) along with the band Dealership making fun of indie pop fans.  I think both songs would be very catchy and enjoyable even to people who aren't friends with these goofs, but who knows.  I certainly love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment