Tuesday, April 15, 2014

The Cardigans / Matt Pond & Beth Wawerna - Split 7'' (Devil in the Woods, 2004)

The Cardigans / Matt Pond & Beth Wawerna
Split 7''
Devil in the Woods
2004

Rating: 6.5 mean kids out of 10

Another Devil in the Woods split - I don't know if I had a subscription to this or my friend that worked for them gave them to me, but I have a lot more of these records than I remembered.  Side A is a live version of "No Sleep" from Dansk radio, whatever that is, by the Cardigans.  Good song but not on the same level as their early, sweet pop from the mid-nineties.  The regular version is on their record "Long Gone Before Daylight," which I know from the internet because I never listened to this album.  The other side is a collaboration between Matt Pond and Beth Wawerna called "Devil in the Water."  I have no idea who Beth is, but she adds some female vocals to what would otherwise be a run-of-the-mill Matt Pond indie folk dirge. 

No comments:

Post a Comment