Monday, April 7, 2014

The Delta 72 - On the Rocks 7'' (Kill Rock Stars / Dischord, 1995)

The Delta 72
On the Rocks 7''
Kill Rock Stars / Dischord
1995

Rating: 5 king guards out of 10

The Delta 72 were always one of those bands that my friends all loved but I never was able to get into them.  The band was a little punk, a little garage, and a little John Spencer Blues Explosion...and a lot of shrieked vocals, which were the main thing that kept me from committing to the band.  Something about those vocals just didn't sit right with me.  Knowing that it should come as no shock that the only song on here I truly love is "Hip Coat," the instrumental second song on side B (there are three songs total on the release). They were apparently a hoot live though, and I would believe that. 

No comments:

Post a Comment