Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Supergrass / Ikara Colt / Apostle of Hustle - Split 7'' (Devil in the Woods, 2005)

Supergrass / Ikara Colt / Apostle of Hustle
Split 7''
Devil in the Woods
2005

Rating: 6.5 thief codes out of 10

The draw on this seven inch split between three bands is the first track, a live version of the great "Mansize Rooster" by Supergrass.  One of their very best songs, and it's a good recording, though they do that thing I hate when I see bands live - have the crowd sing parts of the songs for them.  I'm paying to hear the band do the singing, not these dumb dipshits around me!

One the B side, Ikara Colt is totally ripping off the Fall, but you could pick worse bands to rip off, and they don't do an awful job at it.  Apostle of Hustle is...honestly, I don' have anything to say about them - boring jangly Canadian indie rock.  I guess they have some connection to Broken Social Scene.  It's not awful or anything, just meh. 

No comments:

Post a Comment