Thursday, April 3, 2014

The Promise Ring / Texas Is the Reason - Split 7'' (Revelation, 1996)

The Promise Ring / Texas Is the Reason
Split 7''
Revelation
1996

Rating: 8.5 fancy shotguns out of 10

I was a complete Texas Is the Reason fanatic back in my college days, and I still quite enjoy their very small catalog of music.  Their song on this split "Blue Boy" was always one of my favorite songs of theirs, and I distinctly remember making a copy of this song (and the other side) onto a cassette so I could listen to it in my car over and over.  Which I most definitely did.  The other side is the Promise Ring, who I loved slight less than TItR back in the day but has not stood the test of time nearly as well.  Still, their track here "E. Texas Ave." is pretty decent if not a little whiny. 

No comments:

Post a Comment