Wednesday, December 31, 2003

Proof - Proof (Pidgeon English, 2003)

Proof
Proof
Pidgeon English

2003

Rating: 7 bottles of cough syrup out of 10

I was quite excited that I got this disc to review, as I was just on the cusp of buying it for myself anyways. See, Proof features a couple of dudes from one of my all-time favorite bands that no one ever really listened to outside of central North Carolina – Cole. Now Cole has been gone for a while now I suppose, so I’ll have to make do with Proof; and while I don’t instantly love it as much, it still makes for a pretty good substitute. The group sounds like a mix of their former band with a bit of June of 44/Shipping News “mathiness”, and a little Appleseed Cast thrown in as well (especially on the vocals). A fine debut from a band I hope sticks around longer than its predecessor, or at least plays out more often.

No comments:

Post a Comment