Wednesday, December 31, 2003

The Moore Brothers - On & Out (Amazing Grease, 2003)

The Moore Brothers
On & Out
Amazing Grease

2003

Rating: 6.5 emotional bongs out of 10
 
Let me say this right out front in case you get the wrong impression – I like this Moore Brothers record, but I’m pretty disappointed by it at the same time. They start the album off with a glorious 30-second long intro track that sounds like the reincarnation of Big Star and I get real excited. And then the rest of the album sounds like Crosby, Stills, Nash and Young for the 21st century, only much less hippy and much more poppy and funny. That first listen was pretty meh, because that intro was so unbelievably good. But after I played the record a few more times the rest of their tracks grew on me as well and I found myself enjoying the whole album (but still wishing for more like that intro, dammit). Hopefully they will expand on that opening song in the future, but until then I’ll just have to enjoy the rest of the album.

No comments:

Post a Comment