Saturday, December 31, 2005

Cadiz - Breakers (Swann House, 2005)


Cadiz
Breakers
Swann House
2005

Rating:
6 Spanish towns out of 10

Cadiz is the work of one man, Robert C. Lee, writing some pretty, country-tinged rock songs with a little help from his friends (Anders Parker of Varnaline and Joe McGinty who has played with Ryan Adams, just to name a couple). Nothing about this is particularly amazing, but it's a nice listen, making me feel like sitting on my porch, drinking a tasty beverage, cat in my lap and dog at my feet (trying to get at the cat), and a cool breeze blowing in the wind. One particularly good song is “Girl at the Zoo”, which sounds like it could have been taken right off of a Sparklehorse album. As a side note, I really like the packaging on this disc – great design, use of colors, all that jazz.

No comments:

Post a Comment