Monday, February 24, 2014

Velocity Girl - Crazy Town 7'' (Sub Pop, 1992)

Velocity Girl
Crazy Town 7''
Sub Pop
1992

Rating: 7 drive-in theaters out of 10

This Velocity Girl single is pretty typical of those days - the side A is the title track taken from an album either coming out or already out (in this case, 1993's "Copacetic"), and the flip has an unreleased track (in this case - "Creepy").  I was obsessive about Velocity Girl for a good chunk of my college years, and not only because I was in love with singer Sarah Shannon.  They toured a lot and were always great live.  I haven't listened to them a ton over the last few years, but listening to this made me instantly nostalgic for those simple college years they represent.  Both great songs, by the way, nostalgia or not.  On green translucent vinyl. 

No comments:

Post a Comment