Friday, February 7, 2014

The Shins, Ramsey Kearney & Tim Oehmsen, and Denison Witmer - Split 7'' (Devil in the Woods, 2004)

The Shins, Ramsey Kearney & Tim Oehmsen, and Denison Witmer
Split 7''
Devil in the Woods
2004

Rating: 7 life goals out of 10

I honestly didn't know I had this.  I used to write show reviews for a friend that worked for Devil in the Woods, so I can only assume she gave it to me and I filed it away and forgot about it. The Shins track, "The Gloating Sun," is one of their oldest songs and was also featured on their "When I Goose Step" seven inch; from my favorite era of the Shins to be sure.  The other track on side A is "You're Not the Only One" by Tim Oehmsen with Ramsey Kearney - sort of an old school sounding country track, I want to say it is part of that whole song-poem thing that got talked about a lot a decade or so back.  The B-side is just one track, Denison Witmer performing "Worry All the Time" - mellow, morose folk, but more enjoyable than that description sounds.   A nice find in the collection, it was like getting a new record. 

No comments:

Post a Comment