Friday, February 28, 2014

Bricks - The Getting Wet Part 7'' (Merge, 1992)

Bricks
The Getting Wet Part 7''
Merge
1992

Rating: 7.5 backpacks with lyme disease out of 10

Bricks was a thing Mac McCaughan did either right before or during the early part of Superchunk, and I'm too lazy to research out the exact dates.  There was also a dude from Tsunami working with him, but no one remembers Tsunami and I barely remember them.  The very first Merge release was a Bricks cassette, for those that like pointless trivia.  Both of the songs found here, as well as anything else Bricks ever released, got compiled into a single compilation called "A Microphone and a Box of Dirt" back in the early nineties.  I've owned this record for-fucking-ever.  Bricks was never as good as Superchunk to me, but I'm enough of a fanboy that I'll listen to anything Mac releases.  IT was true twenty plus years ago when I bought this, and it's still true today.  On translucent orange vinyl. 

No comments:

Post a Comment