Thursday, February 13, 2014

Archers of Loaf - The Loaf's Revenge 7'' (Alias, 1993)

Archers of Loaf
The Loaf's Revenge 7''
Alias
1993

Rating: 10 gum ladders out of 10

I'm guessing when most people think about Archers of Loaf, the first thing into their head is probably "Web in Front."  To call it one of the anthems of the local scene would be an understatement.  In my opinion, it's one of the best songs ever written.  I've literally heard it thousands and thousands of times over the last twenty years, and I still get as giddy as a teenager every time I hear those first few notes of the track.  It is musical perfection. 

That song along with lesser-known track "Bathroom" make up side A of this record, with "Tatyana" the sole inhabitant of side B.  All the songs can also be found on the comp "The Speed of Cattle" and "Web in Front" is also on the band's debut "Icky Mettle." 

No comments:

Post a Comment