Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Track Star - Removable Parts 7'' (Suicide Squeeze, 1998)

Track Star
Removable Parts 7''
Suicide Squeeze
1998

Rating: 7.5 forks and spoons out of 10

I listened to the shit out of the Track Star album "Communication Breaks" when it came out - I had it on one side of a cassette and the first Death Cab for Cutie on the other, and I would just let the thing play over and over in my car.  This seven inch falls very much in line with the music from that record, and is damn enjoyable.  I've never been entirely sure how to describe this band - the aforementioned Death Cab isn't far off, but Track Star is a little more subdued or mellow with just a hint of shoegaze thrown in there maybe.  These guys never got as popular as they should have. 

No comments:

Post a Comment