Monday, December 23, 2013

The Mothballs - Come Out of the Closet 7'' (Car-Hole Adult Party, 2005)

The Mothballs
Come Out of the Closet 7''
Car-Hole Adult Party
2005

Rating: 9 young administrations out of 10

I saw the Mothballs a crazy number of times over the years I lived in the Bay Area, one of the funnest local live bands and they played out a lot.  Their songs are incredibly catchy and you can't help but dance and sing along.  This release has four songs, all great, the best being "Walking Down a Street Called Love" which just worms it's way into my brain for days every time I hear it.  It's been years since they broke up and I last saw them play (often in the drummer's dirt floor basement), but I think about this band a lot.  

So many great things about this record - for one, the b-side plays inside-out instead of the normal way.  I'm sure that confused a ton of people and the band probably loves that.  Also, etched into the run outs: 
A-side: Mothballs 40 oz Coaster
B-side: We wrote all these songs!


No comments:

Post a Comment