Monday, December 9, 2013

Finger - Wedding Boots 7'' (Third Sister, 1993)

Finger
Wedding Boots 7''
Third Sister
1993

Rating: 7 awkward scripts out of 10

Despite being local lads, I never got that into Finger - I think it's because they faded out right as I started college, and I missed the window.  It's too bad - I enjoy their recordings.  They're definitely in that early nineties pocket of college rock/"120 Minutes"/Chapel Hill indie rock that made this area somewhat famous for good bands during that era.  I'm certain I would have been way into them if they were still playing out in my college years.

Jon Wurster of Superchunk and the Mountain Goats and a thousand other bands played drums on this release, though I don't think he is the regular drummer.  And it's possible Discogs is lying to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment