Wednesday, December 18, 2013

The Renderers - Million Lights 7'' (Merge, 1993)

The Renderers
Million Lights 7''
Merge
1993

Rating: 8 bags of feelings out of 10

I honestly never listened to the Renderers much outside of the title track on this seven inch that was included in the "Rows of Teeth" compilation.  I listened to that compilation over and over and over my freshman year of college, setting a huge tone for my music fandom for years to come.  Superchunk, Polvo and Archers of Loaf might have brought me there, but I ended up a fan of nearly every group on the release.  This band sort of occupies the same "weird country" space that Lambchop does, with very different vocals.  And that title track still sounds awesome twenty years later.  The b-side "Primitive Country" is decent too, though not on par with the title track. 

No comments:

Post a Comment