Friday, December 6, 2013

Edsel / Jawbox - Split 7'' (DeSoto, 1993)

Edsel / Jawbox
Split 7''
DeSoto
1993

Rating: 8 happy beds out of 10

I've barely even listened to the Edsel song "Penaluna" on side A.  It's fine, they were just never a band that ruffled my feathers.  No idea if this song is also available elsewhere, I've never bothered to look.  

But the flip side is Jawbox and their hit "Savory" - shit, I've listened to this song a lot of times in my life.  The track is also available on the full-length "For Your Own Special Sweetheart," but the fan and record nerd side of me loves owning this.

Note: Instead of going to noise as you allow the needle to play to the middle of "Savory," it just keeps repeating the last riff of the song.  You see this every once in a while, just one of those neat quirks that delights my simple mind.

Additional note: runout on side A reads"Succullent Monk"; on side B it is "I'll Call My Daughter Persia."

No comments:

Post a Comment