Wednesday, May 9, 2012

The Wrong Words - I Will Change Your Mind 7'' (Trouble In Mind, 2012)

The Wrong Words
I Will Change Your Mind 7''
Trouble In Mind
2012

Rating: 7 pairs of driving gloves out of 10

The Wrong Words know pop songs.  If their full-length from last year didn't convince you, then this single should do the trick.  And if neither of those things work, you are a stupid stupidhead loser who hates all the good things in the world like puppies and pizza and laughing at fat people falling off of mechanical bulls.  The A-side "I will Change Your Mind" has actual hot guitar lixx (the x's mean it's extra awesome), and the B-side is a goddamn ear worm, stuck in my head from the first listen.  There are so very few power pop outfits these days, but at least the ones we do have, like the Wrong Words, are doing top work.  I was always told quality is better than quantity anyways. 

No comments:

Post a Comment