Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Death Grips - The Money Store (Epic, 2012)

Death Grips
The Money Store
Epic
2012

Rating: 5 football cleats out of 10

Not sure if it was a conscious decision, but apparently Death Grips decided that this generation needed their own version of Roni Size.  I was not supriprised at all to learn that Hella drummer and all-around weirdo Zach Hill is one of the players behind this.  To this day he remains one of the most amazing live performers I've ever seen...it's just too bad I don't enjoy his recorded material more. Like much of Zach's work, this is just interesting enough to catch my ear, but not enjoyable enough to make me come back for more. It does make me want to revisit my Dalek albums though, a band of similar ilk who I prefer.  Probably an awesome live band though, as that is the case with anything Zach Hill related. 

No comments:

Post a Comment