Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Fossils - Meat Rush (Mastermind, 2010)

Fossils
Meat Rush
Mastermind
2010

Rating: 7 hauntingly beautiful recesses out of 10

From Denmark, I randomly saw this duo known as Fossils play a free gig here in town on tour with punkers Cola Freaks at least a year ago if not longer.  I bought their record and promptly forgot about it, only just now getting around to listening to it.  It's exactly as I remember them live - heavy, instrumental math-metal, most closely related to Big Business but not as fuzzy.  Like BB, this pair is just drums and bass, and each song pummels from start to finish.  You'd expect it to get old but I found myself enjoying it just as much during the final song of the record as I did with the first song.  This might be a tough find, so allow me to point you toward their bandcamp page where you can pick it up for only five foreign bucks. 








No comments:

Post a Comment