Monday, May 7, 2012

Jeff The Brotherhood - Live at Third Man (Third Man, 2011)

Jeff The Brotherhood
Live at Third Man
Third Man
2011

Rating: 9 cheap jacuzzis out of 10

My love of Jeff the Brotherhood is probably getting to the point where I can't really objectively review anything they release, because everything they touch is gold as near as I can tell.  This record is exactly as the title says - the band performing live at Jack White's Third Man Records.  The date on the record itself is 10-01-2010, so I'll assume that is when they recorded it, then it got released last year.  I mean, you're probably only going to buy a live record of a band you already love right?  So let's work under the assumption that you're already a fan.  So then the most important question is the same as it is for any live album - how is the recording?  In this case, stellar.  A+.  I honestly don't think you could ask for it to sound better.  Hell, for my money it sounds better than most studio albums.  I want to make love to this record.  Uh, I think I went to far. 

No comments:

Post a Comment