Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Brown Sugar - Sings Of Birds And Racism (Feeble Minds / Feral Kid, 2011)

Brown Sugar
Sings Of Birds And Racism
Feeble Minds / Feral Kid
2011

Rating: 7 Circle K skanks out of 10

In my old age I don't get nearly as excited about hardcore as a did when I was a wild-ass teenager, but I really like what Brown Sugar is bringing to the table.  Despite being from New York, they're not going down that hockey jock route of hardcore but instead bringing a sloppier, more lackadaisical approach ala my favorite hardcore band of all time, the Circle Jerks.  No, they're not as good as the Circle Jerks, but in this modern age they do a decent enough job getting close.  Not a release that's going to save the world, but a nice reminder that there are still people out there making good hardcore music. 

No comments:

Post a Comment