Thursday, September 29, 2011

GG King - Esoteric Lore (Rob's House, 2011)

GG King
Esoteric Lore
Rob's House
2011

Rating: 6 metaphysical magazines out of 10

GG King used to sing for the Carbonas.  the Carbonas were awesome.  Now GG King sings for GG King.  GG King is...well, not as awesome as the Carbonas, but definitely decent.  This album doesn't have the hooks that the Carbonas had - it's a little weirder, more off-kilter, and kinda reminds me of that early eighties punk that would occasionally cross over into hardcore, like Black Flag or the Germs or well, a shitload of other bands.  I have no proof but I suspect this might have been recorded on one of those old seventies tape recorders, housed inside of a giant tin can, and placed way on the other side of the room from where the band was playing.  This is probably awesome live though.  Hopefully he comes to town and I can find out for myself. 

No comments:

Post a Comment