Monday, September 26, 2011

Mogwai - Earth Division EP (Sub Pop, 2011)

Mogwai
Earth Division EP
Sub Pop
2011

 Rating: 5.5 drunk hounds out of 10

 The last Mogwai full length might have been a return to their earlier form, but this most recent EP is more like their later, more docile (aka more boring) material. All of the songs sound like they could be outtakes from the soundtrack of a mediocre horror movie...or maybe used in one of those Debeers diamond commercials where the silhouettes act douchey.  "Drunk and Crazy" does start getting interesting during the final third of the song, but by then most of the time I've already skipped to the next track.  This one is for die hard fans only in my humble opinion.  Heck, I'm a pretty big fan and I'm not sure I even need it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment