Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Boston Spaceships - Let It Beard (Guided By Voices, 2011)


Boston Spaceships
Let It Beard

Guided By Voices

2011

Rating:
7 vicelord speed bumps out of 10

For those not aware, Boston Spaceships is a post-GBV Robert Pollard band. Even though GBV is still kinda around. And since Pollard is singing and writing the songs, it sounds like a GBV record. And it's not like they had the same line-up for the duration of the band, so I'm not sure why this other name was needed, but whatever...new Robert Pollard music. It's awesome if you like the stuff like I do. And it could be upwards of two months before he releases another album, so strike now while the iron is hot.

I guess it could be noted that Pollard collaborates with J Mascis and members of the Decemberists and Wire and the Dream Syndicate and more for this record, but it still sounds like a GBV record to me. I'm probably supposed to be more decerning as a "music critic", but fuck if I can tell a difference.

No comments:

Post a Comment