Friday, July 29, 2011

Ty Segall - Goodbye Bread (Drag City, 2011)


Ty Segall
Goodbye Bread

Drag City

2011


Rating:
6 bags of seagull food out of 10

I like this Ty Segall record but I love the cover...it's a goddamn bloodhound people! Let's get excited!!! Ty certainly doesn't sound very excited, he sounds like his love of garage pop records and downers coincided on this platter. The whole thing sounds like it was recorded at the same syrupy tempo, which ain't bad for a few songs but over the course of the entire album does drag a little. Actually, it literally sounds like a dragging record at times...I keep wanting to adjust the tempo control. But don't get me wrong, there are some good tracks here - the back-to-back of "You Make The Sun Fry" and "I Can't Feel It" are quite nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment