Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Tyvek - Live at Third Man (Third Man, 2010)


Tyvek
Live at Third Man

Third Man

2011


Rating: 8 palates of roofing material out of 10

Is it weird that my favorite record by Tyvek is this live one? I guess if it worked for Cheap Trick, why not for them.

Where I might typically describe this band as "art-punk" and probably make some comparisons to Gang of Four or the A-Frames, this live recording is just straight up old school snarling punk goodness. And the recording is fantastic...I might make the vocals a hair louder, but everything sounds clean and crisp, almost as if it were a studio album recorded to sound like a live one. With 18 songs running just over 35 minutes, if you're not happy with one song you won't have to wait long for another. But then again if you're not happy with these songs I'm not sure what you're doing with the hard-to-find record in the first place.

No comments:

Post a Comment