Tuesday, June 14, 2011

TV On The Radio - Nine Types Of Light (Interscope, 2011)


TV On The Radio
Nine Types Of Light

Interscope
2011


Rating: 5 little TVs sitting on top of big TVs out of 10

I keep waiting for TV On The Radio to release another record as good as their first, "Desperate Youth, Blood Thirsty Babes", and it keeps not happening. And a big fat "goddammit" to that. It's hard to be mad at the band though - they keep growing as musicians and artists, but my heart is still stuck in those sounds they produced over seven years ago. This isn't a bad record, it just isn't what I want to hear them doing. More than anything, to put it crudely, it doesn't "rock out". I want them to rock out, cause they do it really well. I've "outgrown" a lot of bands over the years, but I think this is an example of the band outgrowing me.

No comments:

Post a Comment