Tuesday, June 21, 2011

My Morning Jacket - Circuital (ATO, 2011)


My Morning Jacket
Circuital

ATO

2011


Rating: 3 sad crying clowns out of 10

I'll say this much - this new My Morning Jacket record isn't as awful as their previous release, 2008's "Evil Urges". But I really, really don't like it. Yeah, I could probably give it more of a chance, but when my first instinct is to skip every song 45 seconds in, that's a pretty bad starting point. Never has a band gone from so high on my list of favorite bands to completely disappearing from it. I still listen to "At Dawn" ALL THE TIME. If there was even a hint of that sound on their new material, I'd probably tolerate it...but the only similarities between that music and the current output is a band name. Hell, Jim James doesn't even sing the same anymore. I think aliens or bigfoots might be responsible for this tragedy.

No comments:

Post a Comment