Thursday, April 28, 2011

Tyvek - Time Change 7" (Les Disques Steak, 2011)


Tyvek
Time Change 7"
Les Disques Steak
2011

Rating: 7 pallets of building material out of 10

Anxious music. That's how Tyvek always make me feel - anxious. And I hate feeling anxious, yet I really like Tyvek, so all in all I'm not making a whole helluva lot of sense. Seems like they often get tagged with the "art punk" label, and that's because you're not sure where exactly to stack them. Their music has the ferocity of punk, but a much more primitive song structure...it reminds me a lot of a more rough-n-tumble A-Frames, a vastly underrated band that more folks should get hip to. As the group is from Detroit I feel like I should make some parallel to the Detroit sound, but the closest you're going to get these guys to anything Detroit related is maybe Jack White's first band the Upholsterers.

Anyways - Tyvek has released a ton of material, and like most of it this is worth your time.

No comments:

Post a Comment