Thursday, April 21, 2011

Animal Collective - Keep Cassette (Keep, 2011)


Animal Collective
Keep Cassette
Keep
2011

Rating: 6 Kiss parodies out of 10

Apparently this short Animal Collective release was a cassette associated with some sort of shoes from Keep. This is what the internet tells me, cause I just downloaded the damn thing and definitely don't need any more shoes...I'm entering Imelda Marcos territory with the number of pairs I've got. I'd never even heard of this company to be honest, but they have a few cool looking pairs and the prices aren't terrible.

Despite the name, this isn't an Animal Collective release - it's a compilation of solo tracks from each of the four members of the band. So, a mini mix tape. I've honestly got no use for the first two songs by Geologist and Avey Tare, but it wraps up nicely with Deakin and Panda Bear. The Deakin track sounds a lot like early seventies Brian Eno, and ain't nothing wrong with that. And the Panda Bear track is downright pop for him, or at least what I've heard of him, which has mostly been loud noise with just a hint of song underneath it. But his work here - big thumbs up.

This thing is already out of print so don't feel bad ganking it online...or at least I didn't.

No comments:

Post a Comment