Monday, March 26, 2012

Hunx - Hairdresser Blues (Hardly Art, 2012)

Hunx
Hairdresser Blues
Hardly Art
2012

Rating: 8 madonna arms out of 10

The first album was credited to Hunx & His Punx, but this sophomore release "Hairdresser Blues" is just under the name Hunx.  I'm not sure if this is supposed to be received as a solo effort, but it sounds very much in line with the debut output - catchy glam-garage pop with hooks galore.  Really, it's almost unfair how catchy this album is.  "Private Room" and "Hairdresser Blues" were instant standouts, eliciting replays right away.  There might be lyrical differences between this record and the first one with the full band, but I'll leave that differentiation up to the actual music critics that pay attention to shit like that.  All I really do is give it a listen, and if the record catches my ear, I'm sold.  And pretty much every goddamn song on this album not only catches my ear, but it gives it a wet willy.  This record makes me want to eat cupcakes, it's so sugary and sweet.  And now I've made myself hungry. 

1 comment: