Thursday, March 29, 2012

Allo Darlin' - Capricornia 7'' (Slumberland, 2012)

Allo Darlin'
Capricornia 7''
Slumberland
2012

Rating: 7.5 whale teeth out of 10

I did not "literally" burn a hole in my copy of the self-titled debut album by Allo Darlin' that came out in 2010, but I very much wanted to work that stupid descriptor in my opening line.  That is to say, I listened to it a whole whole lot, in case you didn't get what I was pushing towards.  This 7'' represents the first single from their forthcoming new album "Europe," and man what a great foot to step forward with - the song is incredibly catchy and so cute it's almost insufferable.  Think of Allo Darlin' as a little more upbeat, less dour version of Camera Obscura and you'll be on the right track.  Great single, and I'm immensely excited for the new record. 

No comments:

Post a Comment